Sports is a form of entertainment which garners fans, as diehard as movie lovers. Yet, they are vastly overlooked as there are very few VODs and streaming services available, that cover the various category of sports. The most common ones that are readily available on such OTTs, are cricket and football. What about boxing, racing, or several other sports that have a massive fanbase in India, but no streaming medium to watch it on? Well, here comes Veqta to save the day.
Are you a diehard fan of all kinds of sports?
Are you a fan of streaming your favourite sport on mobile or TV?
Do you want to stop worrying about missing a game?
Well, we here at Flickzee are about to tell you about Veqta, your new online sports streaming buddy!
What is Veqta?
Veqta is India’s first sports-only Video on Demand, Online Streaming ServiceOTT. It was founded by businessmen and sports enthusiasts Varun Mathur, Vikram Tanwar and Gaurav Gill to fill the void in Indian streaming services concerning sports, besides cricket. Veqta provides content for football, wrestling, basketball, tennis and even motorsports. Its partnered with groups like Major League Baseball (MLB), World Tennis Association (WTA) Tennis, National Basketball League Australia (NBL), World Rally Championship (WRC), ITTF (International Table Tennis Federation), HSBC World Rugby Sevens, and Omnisport News.
What are the Available Plans and Pricing?
Veqta has an extremely low price of INR 399 for a year’s subscription. Free content isn’t available.
What Content Does Veqta Offer?
Veqta offers over 6000 hours of pure sports content. The various sports on Veqta include:
- Mixed Martial Arts
- Olympic Sports
- Golf and so much more
There are dedicated sections where you can watch several exclusive contents, such as: –
- Must-Watch: Exclusive content such as ‘All Eyes on Arsenal’, ‘behind the Scenes with the F2 Freestylers’, and more.
- Top 5 – Exclusive content like ‘Dzeko Learns Chinese’, ‘Derby Day and Birthdays’ and more.
- Full Matches of Copa Italia (Quarter-Finals, Semi-Finals), and Round of 16)
- Professional Fighters League – Exclusive fighting matches like ‘Paul Redmond vs Rob Sinclair’,’Alex Lohore vs Nathan Jones’ and more.
Veqta also hosts live streaming of certain exclusive matches or sporting events, like the Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather match.
Which Devices Support Veqta?
- Web browsers: Visit the website www.veqta.in
- Android: Android devices(4.4 and later)
- iOS: All Apple devices(iOS 10 and later)
What Are the Features Offered by Veqta?
- The UI of the app is simplistic but has all the essential features.
- Player controls are limited, as you can set video quality and Fullscreen, but can do nothing else, like rewind or forward.
- You can add videos to your Favorites, which can be accessed from your ‘My Favorites’ tab.
What Are Some Alternatives and Competitors to Veqta?
|Subscription Plan Details||Veqta Subscription||Disney+ Hotstar Subscription||SonyLIV Subscription||Vodafone Play Subscription||PrimeVideo Subscription||Airtel TV Subscription|
|Free Trial or
|No free trial, some content is free||Selected Content is Free||Unlimited Free for Selected Prepaid and Postpaid Customers||No||Unlimited Free for Selected Prepaid and Postpaid Customers|
|Monthly Plan||N/A||Premium – INR 299 per month||INR 99||–||INR 129||–|
|3-Month Plan||N/A||–||INR 149||–||–||–|
|Yearly Plan||INR 399 for 1 Year||VIP – INR 399
Premium – INR 1,499
|INR 499||–||INR 999||–|
|Simultaneous Streaming||–||1 User||1 User||–||Unlimited||–|
|Premium Features||NA||VIP – Content dubbed in Hindi, Tamil or Telugu. Selected Hotstar specials & Disney+ content, kids content, Selected Digital Premeries before TV. Contains Ads.
PREMIUM – Ad-Free Streaming. All VIP Content + Premium Titles. All Disney+ Originals, kid content, Digital premieres, American shows and movies in English, Before TV access to selected shows. Unlimited Live Sports. Latest Bollywood and regional movies.
|Live TV, Ad-free viewing
|Free 1 year Amazon Prime & 2,3,12 months Netflix Subscription||Unlimited Access to PrimeVideo, PrimeMusic & Kindle e-Books,
|Offline Download, Selected content of Zee5
Free 3 months Netflix & 1 year Amazon Prime Subscription
|Offers||NA||1 year VIP membership free with 365 Flipkart Supercoins
Disney+ Hotstar Premium for free, with JioTV Subscription
|30% cashback through PayTM, 3-month free subscription fro Sony Bravia TV & Mi TV buyers||NA||Free for selected users of BSNL, Airtel & Vodafone||NA|
|Service & Content Type||On Demand Streaming, Sports||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, Sports & News , Regional Content, Kids Content||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals, Live TV & Sports||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals of ErosNow & AltBalaji||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Kids, Originals||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows
Originals of ErosNow, AltBalaji, Live TV
|Data Usage per Hour||NA||1.3 GB(HD)||1.9 GB (HD)||2 GB (HD)||925 MB (SD), 2.2 GB (HD), 6 GB (4K/UHD)||2.2 GB (HD)|
The Pros and Cons of Veqta
- Able to stream even at 2G
- Viewing on browser allows unrestricted access to content despite mobile app requiring a subscription to view anything
- Content is not categorized properly or in a very appealing manner
Veqta Subscription – Is it Worth it?
Veqta is the ultimate VOD catering to sports fans. So you should subscribe to Veqta if you:
- Are looking for a sports-only OTT at an affordable price
- Want a sports-only VOD that caters to all your favourite sports
- Want to watch the live stream exclusive sport events
How Can I Subscribe to Veqta?
To access the content on Veqta, you need to create an account. To do so,
- Go to www.veqta.com
- Click on ‘Sign In’ at the top right corner of the screen
- Click on ‘Create Veqta Account’
- Enter your name, mobile number, email id and password and click on ‘Submit’. Alternatively, you can use your Google or Facebook account to sign up.
Once you have created your account, you need to subscribe to access premium content. To subscribe:
- Click on your username in the top right corner
- Select ‘Subscription’ from the drop-down menu
- Click on the INR 399 Subscription plan
- Select the payment method
That’s it, you’ve now subscribed to Veqta! You can now access premium content like live streams of exclusive events.
How to Cancel Veqta Subscription?
- For subscription via Play Store, go to the Play Store Account, select Subscriptions tab and click on Unsubscribe.
- For iTunes subscriptions, log in to the iTunes store and in the Subscriptions tab, click on ‘Unsubscribe’.
Cancelling a subscription will discontinue auto-renewal and you will not be billed for the next cycle.