Spuul is a Singapore-Mumbai based OTT service that has over 47 million registered users. It allows worldwide streaming access to Movies, TV shows, Short Films of Bollywood, Pollywood (Punjabi Cinema) & Bhollywood (Bhojpuri Cinema). Spuul also hosts English subtitles for a long list of movies.
Their subscription comes with 3 different options –
- Free Films – User needs to sign up to the service to watch the movies. A user can watch only a limited number of movies with such a free subscription
- Premium Movies – User needs to buy a premium subscription to buy these movies
- Rental Movies – User needs to buy these movies on rental (the average rate is INR 100 per movie). The movie will be available for 72 hours
Spuul Subscription Plans
Currently, Spuul offers two subscription plans along with rental movies. These are:
- Premium Plan for a Month – at Rs. 99
- Premium Plan for a Year – at Rs. 999
Payments can be made through Credit and Debit Cards, Freecharge and PayPal.
Freecharge also allows many micro-payments like Daily subscription for INR 6, 5 Days subscription for INR 30, 10 Days subscription for INR 60, 15 Days subscription for INR 90, 20 Days subscription for INR 100 and Monthly Subscription Premium for INR 150.
Payments through Paypal happen in USD, Monthly Plan for 2.5 USD and Yearly Plan for 20 USD.
In order to subscribe to a plan, simply select a plan and choose a payment option from the drop-down menu. Follow further instructions on the screen.
What is there on Spuul TV Premium
The Premium subscription gives the following features:
- Watch all Free & Premium movies for an unlimited number of times
- Download the movies for offline viewing as well (only for Android & iOS App users)
- Ad-free viewing experience
- Capability to view on more than one screens
- View content in Punjabi & Bhojpuri as well
Spuul App & other devices supported
Spuul recommends a minimum of 300kbps downstream, up to 1.5mbps.
Spuul is currently available on:
- Android (phones and tablets)
- iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod)
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Apps
- Compatible on Chromecast as well
They plan to soon launch on Roku and Smart TV.
Spuul Indian Movies & TV Shows
Spuul has a catalogue of over 1,000 titles including full-length movies and TV shows and had partnered with production companies such Yaj Raj Films, Balaji Telefilms, Viacom 18, Shemaroo, Phantom Films, UTV Motion Pictures, etc. They provide Classics as well as modern films. Titles of various languages, such as Hindi, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, etc. are accessible.
Some blockbuster titles on Spuul include Kahaani 2, Kabali, Guru, Om Shanti Om, Vivah, Revolver Rani, Hera Pheri, Buddha in a Traffic Jam, Kaabil, Mantostan, etc.
Free Movies on Spuul
It also has about 25 free films, including Biwi No. 1, Hum Saath Saath Hain, Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein & 31st October.
Who Would Love Spuul?
- Bollywood lovers, especially of movies from the 2000s
- Those on the lookout for a platform with Punjabi & Bhojpuri language titles
Alternatives and Competitors to Spuul
The subscription to PrimeVideo not only provides unlimited access to movies and TV shows with an HD experience and a great user interface, but it also provides free Prime deliveries on the Amazon store. A lot of latest Bollywood and Regional movies are released constantly on the platform.
The streaming giant provides subscriptions with slightly high rates, but the collection of titles on Netflix is exceptional. An interactive interface, subtitle availability and smooth playback experience make it hard to beat. It provides access to a large number of Bollywood and Regional language films as well.
Hotstar has an exceptional range of Bollywood films and Regional language films as well as TV shows. The subscription also provides early access to episodes, live sports and news screening and International content. Hotstar is acclaimed for being user-friendly.
How to Cancel Spuul Subscription
In order to cancel the Spuul subscription on an iOS device, go to the iTunes settings and cancel. Otherwise, subscriptions can be cancelled on the web by logging into the account. On the top-right corner, click Account, under which will be visible the Premium settings. Click on ‘cancel subscription’.
The plan will be cancelled from next month, and for the remaining month, the videos will still be accessible.