SonyLIV is an Online Streaming Service by Sony Pictures Network. Launched in 2013, it initially hosted more than 30 sister TV Channels like Sony TV, Sony SAB, Sony Mix, Sony Max, Sony BBC Earth, Food Food, Sony Six, Sony Pix, AXN, and Sony Yay TV. Now it hosts a gamut of content – Movies and TV shows, Original series, Kid Shows, and also has a decent range of Sony LIV Originals & Web Series.
Read along to find out more about SonyLIV Subscription, Sony Liv Free Subscription, Sony Liv Subscription Cost, Sony Liv Offers, and much more.
- Is Sony Liv Free?
- Sony Liv Subscription
- Sony Liv Subscription Price
3.1 Sony Liv Features
- Sony Liv Free Trial
- Sony Liv Subscription Offers
5.1 MX Player Sony Liv Offer
5.2 Jio Fiber Users
5.3 Airtel Sony Liv Offer
5.4 Mi TV % Xiaomi Devices Offer
- SonyLiv Coupons
6.1 Amazon Pay Offer
6.2 Flipkart Offer
6.3 Mobikwik Offer
6.4 Freecharge Offer
- What to Watch on SonyLiv
7.1 SonyLiv Originals
7.2 SonyLiv Movies
7.3 TV Shows
7.4 Live TV
- Pros and Cons
- Sony Liv Subscription: Is It Worth It?
- SonyLiv Device Compatibility
- Steps to Subscribe
- How to Cancel SonyLiv Subscription
Is Sony Liv Free?
Most of the content on Sony Liv except International TV shows and Sony Liv Originals can be watched for free with ads. TV Shows are available 24 hours after their TV airing time on Sony Liv. If you want to enjoy all the content of Sony Liv and download content for offline viewing, we recommend that you get Sony Liv Membership. Keep reading to know how to get a Sony Liv subscription for free.
Sony Liv Subscription
Sony LIV hosts over 700 movies and 40,000+ hours of entertainment, the premium account gives you access to not only ALL content on Sony Liv but also to –
- Real-Time Live TV Channels – Watch KBC, your favorite TV shows and cricket and football LIVE with Sony Liv Premium Account.
- Latest International Shows like Seinfield, The Good Doctor, etc.
- Access to Movies & TV Channels marked as “Premium” on Sony LIV App
- Ad-free viewing except in Live TV channels & KBC Play-Along
- Feature to download videos to watch them offline on Android & iOS App
FlickZee Tip – Are you reminiscing your favourite 80s and 90s movies? Watch much loved Rajesh Khanna movies like Prem Bandhan, Aap ki Kasam, Mehbooba etc and our beloved Madhuri Dixit’s titles like Devdas, Hum Tumhare Hain Sanam for FREE ON SONY LIV! Not just that, other popular movies from that era like Khoobsurat, Angaar, Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam etc can also be streamed on Sony Liv for FREE. Yes, there will be Ads but you don’t need to buy a subscription plan for these movies.
Sony Liv Subscription Price
Sony Liv has a premium subscription and recently launched, Special and Special + Subscription. Premium Subscription is currently available in a number of countries along with India like UAE, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, etc. The pricing list in different countries is available here.
Check out Sony Liv Subscription Fee below –
|Sony Liv Premium (1 month)||INR 299|
|Sony Liv Premium (6 months)||INR 699|
|Sony Liv Premium (1 year)||INR 999|
|Sony Liv Special (1 year)||INR 199|
|Sony Liv Special + (1 year)||INR 399|
Here’s a comprehensive list of features offered in ALL Sony Liv Subscriptions –
|Feature / Subscription||Sony Liv Free||Sony Liv Special||Sony Liv Special +||Sony Liv Premium|
|Shows same time as TV||No, 24 hrs later||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Download shows & movies||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Access to KBC Play Along Gold||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Live Sports Preview||No||Up to 10 mins||Up to 10 mins||Unlimited|
|Watch Sports Highlights||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Live streaming of sports||No||No||No||Yes|
|View Ads In||All content||All content||Sports preview, KBC Play Along, live channels||KBC Play Along & live channels|
|Latest International Shows||No||No||No||Yes|
P.S. – If you want to watch the latest popular show on Sony Liv i.e. Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story, you need to have Sony Liv Premium Subscription to access this series. Keep reading to know how to watch SonyLiv Premium for free.
Sony Liv Free Trial
Sony Liv changes its Free Trial policy from time-to-time as per country, hence, if a Free Trial is available in your country, you will know about it when you sign up.
FlickZee Tip – You can watch the first episode of International Shows and Sony Liv Originals for free but have to pay to watch 2nd episode onwards.
Sony Liv Subscription Offers
Here’s how you can get a Free Sony Liv Subscription. The listed offers have been verified as of October 29, 2020.
Mx Player Sony Liv Offer
Good news for all the Indian viewers! You can now stream over 30,000 videos of Sony Liv for free on MX Player. It offers some of the premium content of top online streaming services for free, with Ads. Visit either the MX Player website or download the iOS & Android app to enjoy Sony Liv content.
If you want Ad-free access on MX Player, then you need to purchase the MX Player Pro app. Unfortunately, you can’t download the content offline on MX Player App, this functionality is available only on Sony LIV App for Premium Subscribers.
Jio Fiber users
Jio is offering a Sony Liv Premium subscription for FREE to select Jio Fiber users.
Eligibility – Any Jio Fiber user with a monthly plan of INR 999 and above, quarterly plan of INR 2997 or above, semi Annual plan of INR 5994 and above or annual plan of INR 11988 and above is eligible for this offer. Check info about Jio plan benefits here.
Offer details – Whether you’re an existing Jio Fiber or Sony Liv user or not, you’re eligible for the offer if you have purchased any one of the plans of Jio Fiber mentioned above. More details about how to redeem the offer can be found here.
Airtel Sony Liv Offer
All Airtel Xstream users can watch Sony TV channels like Sony Sab, Sony Max, etc on their Airtel Xstream App (or website).
Mi TV & Xiaomi Devices
(Mi A1 and MIUI version below 9.5 not applicable) get 3 months of SonyLIV Premium membership for FREE. The offer is valid once per user. Just Log in to your MI Account and access Sony LIV in the VIP Section.
Sony Liv Amazon Pay offer
You can get 50% off on Sony Liv Premium Membership. Just follow these steps –
- Visit Sony Liv Amazon Pay Offer page.
- Choose an INR 1000 gift card.
- Once you fill in all details and pay for it, you will receive 51% i.e. INR 510 back in your Amazon Pay wallet.
- Go to www.sonyliv.com and on the payments page, choose Sony Liv Premium Subscription, add the gift card number in the promo code section and you will get the subscription!
Note – This offer is only valid on Sony Liv yearly subscription.
Sony Liv Flipkart Offer
Flipkart users who have 200 super coins balance can avail this offer and get Sony Liv yearly subscription for FREE using their super coin balance. Follow these steps –
- Go to the Flipkart Supercoin Offer page.
- Click on redeem and you’ll receive a coupon code.
- Apply that coupon code on the payments page on the Sony Liv website
Supercash Via Mobikwik
Purchase Sony Liv Plans using your MobiKwik wallet and get a minimum assured Supercash of INR 31. The maximum super cash per transaction is INR 299. This offer is valid once per Mobikwik user.
Get 20% cashback up to INR 60 if you buy Sony Liv Subscription Plan via Freecharge. Offer is valid once per Freecharge user.
What to Watch on SonyLIV
Sony LIV offers Live Streaming of Football & Cricket Channels, all Live TV Channels from Sony Arena, Latest Hindi TV serials, Popular Hollywood & Bollywood Movies, Short-Films, Kids Special Content, and Music.
One of the key reasons to subscribe to SonyLIV is to watch live Football & Cricket Matches.
There is a ton of good original content on SonyLIV, available for free, each bringing something fresh and fun to the table:
- Scam 1992: The Harshad Mehta Story
- Some Popular Bollywood movies include – Piku, PK, Rab Ne Bana di Jodi, Phas Gaye Re Obama, Once Upon a Time in Mumbai, Bhoothnath, Dil to Paagal Hai etc
- Hollywood collection includes movies like The Exorcist, Spider-Man Homecoming, Rush, Blade runner 2049 etc.
- Sony LIV has a wide collection of regional content in Tamil, Gujarati, Punjabi, Marathi movies and popular South Indian movies dubbed in Hindi.
You can watch the best of Sony network Hindi TV Serials and upcoming TV shows in comedy, drama, crime, action, and more including:
- Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC)
- Beyhad 2
- The Kapil Sharma Show Season 2
- Patiala Babes
- Band Baja Bandh Darwaja – Starring Mukesh Tiwari
- Crime Patrol Satark
- Comedy Circus
- Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashma
- Prithvi Vallabh
Live Streaming of Sports:
Sony LIV streams Ten 1,2,3 HD and Ten Golf HD. Here is a few of the assortment –
- Live Cricket matches & complete coverage of all the cricket matches, cricket highlights & best moments
- Live streaming of Football Matches & Leagues like UEFA Champions League, Serie A TIM 2020-21, UEFA Europa League Cup
- Pro volleyball match live.
- ATP Tournaments, WTA, Champions Tennis League, Qatar Open
- Pro Wrestling League, TNA Xplosion, WWE, etc
Live TV Channels:
SonyLIV also has several live channels – Sony SET HD, Sony SAB HD, Sony MAX SD, Sony ROX HD, Sony MIX, Sony WAAH, Sony TV, Sony SAB, Sony Mix, Sony Max, Sony BBC Earth, Food Food, Sony Six, Sony Pix, AXN, and Sony Yay TV.
Pros and Cons
- Availability of widely followed Indian sports channels, more than 40,000 hours of Sony & SET TV content, and 700+ movies
- A wide variety of content available, including Movies, TV Channels, Original Web Series, kids content.
- A lot of content and live TV is available in the free version
- There is an option to create ‘My List’ so you can create a wishlist of your favorite shows & movies.
- Multiple subscription plans catering to different needs are available. The pricing is also competitive and not very heavy on the pocket.
- A very small selection of Hollywood Content
- No subtitles are available
- No ‘next episode’ button, the episode list tray is not very smooth to control
- No ‘continue watching’ option available
- In the free version, there is no option to even skip ads
- The recommendation engine is not very accurate and helpful.
- There are no options to select appropriate video quality as streaming will take place automatically depending on the Internet connection.
Sony Liv Subscription: Worth It or Not?
A lot of content and live TV is available in the free version, but there are ads and you cannot download content to play watch offline. The premium subscription is not very light on the pocket at INR 299 for a month.
So, given the availability of most of the content for Free and the limited variety of original content, this subscription is mainly helpful for
- Those who want to watch live cricket, football, and other sports
- Those who have a spotty internet connection and want to download a movie or tv show and watch it later
- Those who are fed up with Ads ruining the experience
SonyLIV Device Compatibility
SonyLIV is available on –
- Computers: PC and Mac
- Web browsers: Microsoft Edge (Windows 10), Internet Explorer (Windows 7+), Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari 9 (Mac OS X 10.10 and 10.11)
- Mobiles and Tablets: All smartphones, All tablets, All iOS devices
- Smart TV, Streaming Media Players, and others: Sony Bravia, Google Chromecast, Android TV, Apple TV
Steps to Subscribe
Free Subscription is relatively easy in SonyLIV. First, you will have to register on SonyLIV –
- Simply go to the website www.sonyliv.com or open Sony Liv App.
- Click Register.
- Enter the required details including Mobile number, OTP, Name, Email Address, DOB, etc.
- Once you’ve registered your SonyLIV account, you can browse all the free titles (which don’t have ‘Premium’ written on the image) available.
- A faster way would be using your Facebook or Google account.
To upgrade to Premium, select ‘Get Premium’ from the premium bar and select the required plan and payment method.
How to cancel SonyLiv Subscription
Cancellation varies with the method of payment, but it’s pretty straightforward. For payment by:
- Credit card or Paytm – Go to the ‘My Purchases’ section on the SonyLIV website or app and click Cancel.
- Mobile Billing Operator – Users in India may send a toll-free SMS ‘STOP’ to 155223 and follow the instructions from the operator.
- Google Play Store– Go to the Play Store Account, select the Subscriptions tab, and click on Unsubscribe.
- Apple iTunes Store– Login to the iTunes store and in the Subscriptions tab, click on the pack you wish to unsubscribe from.