Jio TV is not an unfamiliar name to us; indeed, we have been hearing its praises since the app’s launch.
- But what is Jio TV?
- Does it require a subscription to use?
- Is it only for Jio users?
- How much content is there on the app?
- How to use Jio TV App?
- From where to download the Jio TV App?
Well, FlickZee here is answering everything there is to know about Jio TV.
What is Jio TV?
Jio TV is a streaming service exclusive to Jio SIM users only via Jio TV app, released by telecom company Reliance Jio. Jio customers can download the Jio TV app and us it for-
- no extra charge other than the data consumed
- browsing over 600 channels in fifteen languages and 100+ HD channels
- watching channels of all genres
And all of it free of cost.
What is Jio TV App?
Jio TV app is the easiest way to browse TV (or Live TV). Some of its main features are:
- Availability of 575+ TV Channels
- Pause and Rewind buttons even for live TVchann
- Mini player availability
- Multilinguality, i.e. you can browse Jio TV in Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Bhojpuri, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.
- Setting reminders and recording your favourite TV programmes.
- Locking the screen to prevent any disturbances while streaming
- Switching to the previous or next channel by simply swiping back or forth
- Sharing videos on social media.
Price of Subscription Plans of Jio TV
Jio TV is available for Jio SIM Prime users, so they can avail the full features of Jio TV for no extra fee at all! You require a minimum plan of INR 99 for Jio Prime Membership.
Jio TV users can also access Live sports, prime time episodes and Indian movies for free by accessing the Hotstar app. However, to watch premium English content, you need to subscribe to Hotstar Premium at INR 199/month.
Content that Jio TV offers
Jio TV features content in over 15 languages including English, Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu, Marathi, Bengali, Gujarati, Bhojpuri, Punjabi, Malayalam, Assamese, Odia, Urdu and more. There are live channels of all genres., as well.
Popular Movies Channels
- Sony MAX
- Zee Cinema HD
- Sony Pix
Popular Entertainment Channels
- Zee TV
- Life OK
- SAB TV
Popular Sports Channels
- Sony Six
- Sony Ten 1
- Neo Sports
Popular News Channels
- ABP News
- Aaj Tak
- India TV
- CNN News18
Popular Regional Channels
- Colors Gujarati
- Colors Bangla
- Colors Marathi
- Surya HD
- Gemini HD
Popular Kids Channels
- Cartoon Network
- Sony Yay
- Discovery Kids
Popular Live TV Channels
- Star Sports for Live Cricket
- Daily Soaps and serials channels such as Colors, Zee TV, Sony, &Pictures, NDTV etc
Jio also currently has a multi-IPL deal with Star to broadcast all televised cricket matches like T20, one-day international and test matches and BCCI’s domestic competitions, so Jio users do not have to pay extra to watch live sports such as cricket. You are only required to download and open the Hotstar app to access it.
What Are some Hacks and Tricks to Use Jio TV without Jio SIM?
Jio TV has so many features for free that even if you don’t own a Jio SIM, you’d like to use it. Even if you own a Jio SIM, you may not be using it on that device itself. There are a few hacks or tricks available to use Jio TV without Jio SIM. Although we suggest not to use them as they may contain malware.
- Use an Older Version of the App: This is a pretty simple method.
- First, download an older version of the Jio TV app.
- You will need a Jio ID and password of someone else to use this method.
- Sign in to the MyJio app using the ID and password.
- You can now use the app for free!
Note: You may have to sign in again if asked. If a message pops up saying the app is ‘Available for Jio SIM users only’, clear all recent tabs and try to play the app again. After a few tries, it will work.
- Download a Modded Version of the App: This is a slightly riskier method as it involves downloading apk files from third-party sites and is not encouraged. The safety of neither the app nor the website can be guaranteed. It may not work on all devices.
What Are Some Alternatives and Competitors to Jio TV?
|Subscription Plan Details||Jio Subscription||Vodafone Play Subscription||Airtel TV Subscription||MX Player Subscription||Yupp TV Subscription||Voot Subscription|
|Free Trial or
|Free||Unlimited Free for Selected Prepaid and Postpaid Customers||Unlimited Free for Selected Prepaid and Postpaid Customers||Watch for Free, with Ads||90 days free||Free|
|Monthly Plan||N/A||–||–||Free||INR 700||Free|
|6-Month Plan||N/A||–||–||Free||INR 3850||Free|
|Yearly Plan||N/A||–||–||Free||INR 7000||Free|
|Simultaneous Streaming||1 Device on which the SIM is working||–||–||Unlimited Devices||25 Users||Unlimited|
|Premium Features||Various Genre, Curated Content, Cult Classics, No Ads, List making, Sharability, Unlimited Access to Subscription Content,||Free 1 year Amazon Prime & 2,3,12 months Netflix Subscription||Offline Download, Selected content of Zee5
Free 3 months Netflix & 1 year Amazon Prime Subscription
|Pro app for INR 370, Lifetime free Ads||250+ Live TV Channels
100+ TV shows
Watch ad-free viewing of content
|Offers||Only available to Jio Prime Users||NA||NA||–||N/A||NA|
|Service & Content Type||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals of ErosNow & AltBalaji||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows
Originals of ErosNow, AltBalaji, Live TV
|On Demand Streaming, MX Originals, Movies, TV Shows, Content from All Web Series & few other Streaming Services||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals, Live TV|
|Data Usage per Hour||N/A||2 GB (HD)||2.2 GB (HD)||800 MB (HD)||N/A||350 MB (SD)|
Which Devices Support Jio TV?
- Android: Android devices(4.1 and later)
- iOS: All Apple devices(iOS 7.0 and later)
- Jio TV, unfortunately, is not available on browsers or smart TVs.
- Jio TV can be accessed only on mobiles and tablets.
- Casting to your PCs or TVs is possible only through modded versions of the app or through third-party casting apps.
The Pros and Cons of Jio TV
- A vast array of content
- 7 days of live catch-up TV available
- No extra fees other than Jio Prime
- The Jio TV app is available in ten languages including English and Hindi
- You can set reminders for certain on upcoming programs
- You can lock your screen for no disturbances while watching
- Only available to those with Jio SIM, even then the device should have an active Jio SIM or Jio network at all times to access content
- Only available on mobile devices and tablets, not on Smart TVs or PCs.
- To play Star TV channels you need to download the Hotstar app
- Unfortunately, you cannot download videos to watch offline as to access the Jio TV app you must be on a Jio network.
Availability of Jio TV app
Follow these steps to sign in to Jio TV:
- Download the Jio TV app from Google Play Store or iTunes App Store.
- Open the app
- Click on ‘New User? Sign Up’ at the bottom of the screen
- Enter your Jio number and click on ‘Generate OTP’ to receive an SMS with an OTP.
- Enter the OTP
- Set your new password
And that’s it, you’ve successfully signed up! Log in using your username and password, and you are free to browse the endless content on Jio TV.
Jio TV Subscription – Is it Worth it?
Jio TV is a streaming app with a lot of benefits and content at a very low price. So you should subscribe to Jio TV if you:
- Are planning to buy a Jio SIM to use actively
- Have a Jio SIM and now know of this easy way to watch Live Channels for free
How to Cancel Jio TV Subscription
Since Jio TV is available as a free feature for Jio users, it is available for as long as the user recharges their Jio SIM.