Bongflix is an online streaming service exclusively for Bengali content. It has a good collection of Bengali movies, videos & tv series, be it romance, non-fiction or action, they have it all here. But what do they specialise in? What are the subscription plans for BongFlix? Are they worth it? How much content does it really have? We bring you all your answers here at FlickZee!
What is BongFlix?
Oney Seal founded BonFlix in July 2012. BongFlix is a Video-on-Demand streaming service that offers Bengali movies and theatre of all genre and content from independent filmmakers as well. Movies may be viewed using a monthly subscription or on a pay-per-view i.e rental basis. Many Bengali films premiere exclusively on BongFlix. You can even submit your own film to BongFlix!
BongFlix is a premium service offering 400+ movies and TV shows at any time and the largest collection of Bengali movies for a short subscription rate.
You would absolutely love BongFlix if-
- You love Bengali Content
- Your taste for Bengali doesn’t quite get settled through subtitles on other Video-on-Demand services.
- You love to watch dramas that are purely based on Bengali Lifestyle
- You have watched all the other content available on other Video-on-Demand services.
BongFlix Subscription Plans and Pricing
BongFlix subscription can be purchased for
- Monthly subscription of USD 4.99 (~INR 350)
- Alternatively, a single movie can be rented for a short period. The rates start from USD 0.99, ranging higher for newly released movies.
What Movies & Shows available on BongFlix?
BongFlix offers more than 400 videos of Bengali content in the categories of Drama, Musicals, Theatres, Thriller, Romance, Horror, Documentaries and it also has 60+ originals.
|Popular Movies||BongFlix Originals|
How Can I Subscribe to BongFlix?
To subscribe to BongFlix, follow these steps:
- Go to www.bongflix.com
- Click on ‘7-Day Free Trial’ at the top of the page
- Fill in the details including email, name, password and payment option.
- Entering a valid payment method initiates the trial, as payment begins only after seven days.
Alternatively, you can rent a movie for varying prices by clicking on ‘Rent Movie’ on the movie thumbnail, which means you can only stream the video for a set amount of time. You can also purchase a video, making it available for download as well as streaming.
Some Features of BongFlix-
- A single movie can be purchased for a nominal price rather than buying a month’s subscription to watch that single movie.
- You can also filter movies based on their director and sort videos according to their title, date, popularity and even duration.
- You can also watch a preview of most movies before deciding to buy or subscribe to them.
- Purchasing a movie enables you to download it to your device for a set number of times before the expiration period.
- BongFlix supports all kinds of browsers.
- Internet Explorer(11+), Microsoft Edge(14+), Safari(10+), Google Chrome(49+), Mozilla Firefox(52+),Opera(44+), Android web browsers(56+), Chrome Android(57+) and iOS Safari(9.3+)
- Amazon FireStick
- Apple Airplay
- Roku also supports BongFlix
Alternatives/Competitors of BongFlix
- Hoichoi is another OTT with a wide catalogue of Bengali originals in all genres.
- Addatimes is a digital and mobile entertainment portal in Bengali owned by Addatimes Media Private Limited. It is the first entertainment portal in Bengali with original content and is cheaper than BongFlix.
The Pros and Cons of BongFlix
- There is a 7-day free trial, only after which payment is taken.
- Movies can be rented on a pay-per-view basis rather the whole month subscription being taken.
- You can also upgrade from renting to purchasing a video by only paying the difference.
- BongFlix can only be available via the website as it does not have an app.
- Downloads are not available via Apple devices on their standard browsers.
How to Cancel BongFlix Subscription
To cancel your BongFlix subscription,
- Go to ‘My Account’ by clicking on your username on the top bar.
- Click on the ‘Memberships’ tab and select ‘Unsubscribe’ next to the membership you wish to cancel.
- In the pop-up window that appears, select the reason for unsubscribing and click on the ‘Click to Unsubscribe’ button.
That’s it, you’ve successfully cancelled your BongFlix subscription.
In case of any issues, you can write to BongFlix on firstname.lastname@example.org or file a complaint at https://www.bongflix.com/support