What Is Amazon Prime Video?
Amazon Prime Video stands among the top OTTs for a good reason, but is it practical for all? What kinds of subscription plans are available? Is it worth it? Read till the end, and we promise you that you will find the answers for your every question regarding PRIME VIDEO.
Amazon Prime Video, originally known as Amazon Unbox, is owned by Amazon. It was launched in September 2006 in the United States and in December 2016 worldwide. Amazon Originals premiered with comedy series “Alpha House” and “Betas” and several more like “Good Omens” and “Carnival Row” will premiere in 2019.
What Will I Get With Amazon Prime Video Subscription?
With an Amazon Prime Account, you can get more than just free delivery.
- Access to all Prime Video Content: Prime Video Subscription includes access to more than 10,000 hours of Content including Movies, TV Shows & StandUp Comedies.
- Access From Anywhere, Anytime: You can stream all the prime video content from the web or with Prime Video App on your smartphone, tablet, or smart TV – up to 3 devices all at once.
- Access to content when offline: Prime Video subscription allows you to download the movies, TV shows, and originals directly to your phone for an offline watch.
- Access to Parental Control feature: To control the stuff that your kids watch on Prime Video, you can set up the parental lock on kids sensitive shows & movies using this feature of Prime Video subscription.
How Can I Get Prime Video Subscription for FREE?
And that’s a yes! With the following schemes, you can reap the benefits of Amazon Prime and Prime Video for absolutely free!! Check them out:
- Airtel – Airtel postpaid & V-Fiber Broadband customers can get a free 1-year subscription of Amazon Prime service on downloading the Airtel TV app. This offer is available for Airtel postpaid customers with myInfinity plans price Rs. 499 and above and V-Fiber broadband users on plans priced above Rs. 1000.
- Vodafone: For Vodafone RED Postpaid customers – 1 year Amazon Prime for RED Postpaid customers which start from Rs. 399 & 499 per month plan and 1year Amazon Prime and 2 months Netflix subscription with their 1299, 1999 & 2999 per month plans.
- BSNL: All BSNL users mobile users with a postpaid plan of Rs 399 or above, and landline broadband users with recharge plan of 745 or above, will get 1 year of Prime membership for free.
- This is not valid in India – Degree level students and anyone who has an academic domain (e.g. .edu, .ac.uk) in their email address can get privileges, including discounts on Prime membership – Link
What Plans Are There In Prime Video Subscription?
Prime Video comes with an Amazon Prime subscription which has other benefits including free fast delivery, Prime Music, Prime Reading and so on. Amazon Prime is available for:
- INR 129 per month
- INR 999 per year
Does Prime Video Offer Free Trial?
Amazon Prime has a 30-day trial for first-time prime users. After the payment method is added and the trial begins, the user has 30 days before payment is automatically deducted from their account.
- Visit www.primevideo.com on your desktop/laptop or download the app.
- Hit the ‘Start Your 30-Day Free Trial’ button.
- Enter the credit card or debit card info.
Prime Video Original Content
Prime Video is brimming with original content. From thrillers like “Homecoming” to comedies like “The Marvelous Mrs Maisel”, no genre is lacking in original series. Having begun with series like “Betas”, Prime Originals are still going strong with “Carnival Row” and “The Boys”(Read more:https://www.flickzee.com/blog/upcoming-amazon-prime-original-shows-in-2018-2019 ). The first Indian Amazon Prime Original was the sports drama “Inside Edge”, leading to more prominent ones like “Breathe”, “Mirzapur” and “Baahubali: The Lost Legends”.
Popular Prime Video Movies
- Wayne’s World
- The Matrix
- The Disaster Artist
- Manchester By The Sea
Popular Prime Video Shows
- Mr Robot
- Downtown Abbey
- The Wire
Popular Prime Video Originals
- The Marvelous Mrs Maisel
- Mozart In The Jungle
- City Of Ghosts
- The Big Sick
How Can I Subscribe To Amazon Prime Video?
Prime Video Subscription requires an Amazon account. To create one,
- Go to the website on www.amazon.in or download Prime Video app from Google Play Store or iTunes Store
- Create an Amazon account using your mobile number or email id
- Click on ‘Try Prime’ in the top right corner
- Add a payment method.
- Payment will initialize after the 30-day trial.
What Are The Features Of Amazon Prime Video?
The UI of Prime Video app is simple and easy to navigate. To smoothen your experience on prime video, the platform has a lot of noticeable features:
- There are tabs to change the video language, toggle closed captions, adjust audio and navigate to the next episode.
- Parental controls allow you to set up a pin to restrict the content children view. It can be set up in the ‘Parental Controls’ tab in ‘Accounts and Settings’ by creating a 5-digit pin and saving it.
- Videos can be added to watchlist to watch later. The first episode of every Prime Original TV show is free to watch.
- Selected videos can be downloaded on the mobile app to be viewed when offline. Notifications appear when the viewing period is nearly over and when the maximum number of videos have been downloaded.
What are other competitors offering?
There are notable competitors to Prime Video with various offerings. We have curated a detailed comparison of all the competitors of Amazon prime video out there.
|Susbcription Plan Details||PrimeVideo Subscription||Netflix Subscription||Hotstar Subscription||Zee5 Subscription||AltBalaji Subscription||ErosNow Subscription||Airtel TV Subscription||JioCinema Subscription||Vodafone Play Subscription||Voot Subscription||Viu Subscription||Hungama Play Subscription||Hooq Subscription||SonyLIV Subscription|
|Free Trial or
|No||1 month||7 days||No free trial period, Some Content is Free||First 3 episodes of every TV Series||14 days free premium trial, Some Content is Free forever||Unlimited Free for Selected Prepaid and Postpaid Customers||Unlimited Streaming for All Active subscriptions||Unlimited Free for Selected Prepaid and Postpaid Customers||Free||30 days free||You can view a 10-minute preview of every movie and TV series||30-day free trial on adding a recurring payment method||Selected Content is Free|
|Monthly Plan||INR 129||INR 500 (1 User)
INR 600 (2 Users)
INR 800 (4 Users)
|INR 199||INR 99 (All Access Pack)
INR 49 (Regional Pack)
|–||INR 49 (Plus)
INR 99 (Premium)
|–||–||–||Free||INR 99 for 2 months||INR 99||INR 89||INR 99|
|3-Month Plan||–||–||–||–||INR 100||–||–||–||–||Free||–||INR 249||–||INR 149|
|6-Month Plan||–||–||–||INR 599 (All Access Pack)||–||–||–||–||–||Free||INR 299||–||–|
|Yearly Plan||INR 999||–||INR 999
INR 299 (All Sports Plan)
|INR 999 (All Access Pack)
INR 499 (Regional Pack)
|INR 300||INR 470 (Plus)
INR 950 (Premium)
|–||–||–||Free||INR 599||INR 799||INR 450||INR 499|
|Simultaneous Streaming||Unlimited||1 to 4 Users||1 User||5 Devices||5 Devices||1 Device||–||–||–||Unlimited||5 Devices||1 Device||5 Devices||1 User|
|Premium Features||Unlimited Access to PrimeVideo, PrimeMusic & Kindle e-Books,
|Unlimited Access, HD & UHD Streaming||Unlimited Access, Live TV & Sports||Unlimited Access, Live TV, Ad Free Streaming,
|Unlimited Access, Offline download||Plus – Unlimited access to Movies
Premium – Unlimited Access to Movies, TV Shows & Originals, Offline Download
|Offline Download, Selected content of Zee5
Free 3 months Netflix & 1 year Amazon Prime Subscription
|NA||Free 1 year Amazon Prime & 2,3,12 months Netflix Subscription||NA||Ad-free streaming, Unlimited access, Offline Download||Unlimited Access, Ad-Free Viewing, Offline Download, Originals||Unlimited Access, Download & Offline Viewing, Few Rental Movies Only||Live TV, Ad-free viewing
|Offers||Free for selected users of BSNL, Airtel & Vodafone||Free subscription for selected Airtel & Vodafone Users||Some content on Airtel TV & JioCinema; 1 year free on Flipkart First for 50 coins||Selected free content for Airtel TV & JioCinema; 50% Cashback with Paytm||Free for Selected users of Airtel, Jio & Vodafone||Free for selected users of Airtel, Vodafone & Jio Users||NA||NA||NA||NA||3 months free subscription for ‘Flipkart Plus members||3-month free subscription for Mi TV users & Cloud TV X2 users. 60% off for ACT Fibrenet users.||First 90 days for INR 89 for recurring payment method, 1 free movie rental ticket per month||30% cashback through PayTM, 3-month free subscription fro Sony Bravia TV & Mi TV buyers|
|Service & Content Type||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Kids, Originals||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Kids, Originals||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Live TV, Sports & News , Regional Content||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals, Live TV||Original TV Series, Movies & TV Shows||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows
Originals of ErosNow, AltBalaji, Live TV
|On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Few Originals of Zee5, ErosNow & AltBalaji||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals of ErosNow & AltBalaji||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals, Live TV||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals||On-Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows||On Demand Streaming, Movies, TV Shows, Originals, Live TV & Sports|
|Data Usage per Hour||925 MB (SD), 2.2 GB (HD), 6 GB (4K/UHD)||750 MB (HD)||1.3 GB(HD)||4.3 GB(HD)||750 MB (SD)||400 MB (SD)||2.2 GB (HD)||2.4 GB (HD)||2 GB (HD)||350 MB (SD)||1.9 GB (HD)||1.5 GB (HD)||1.65 GB (HD)||1.9 GB (HD)|
Which Devices Support Prime Video?
You can stream the content of prime video through a plethora of devices.
- Android devices
- Web browsers
- Smart TVs
- Blu-ray players
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV stick
- Set-top boxes
- Game consoles
- Fire tablets
- Fire phone
The Good and The Bad Of Prime Video
- Lots of content in Hollywood and regional languages as well.
- Abundant Prime Original content
- One account can be used on up to 3 devices at once
- Low prices compared to Netflix
- First episode of every Prime Original series is free to watch
- Lack of flexible plans or plans for Prime Video separate from Amazon Prime
- Unavailable on Chromecast
How to cancel the monthly membership?
Mail will be sent two days in advance cancel your Paid Prime membership any time by visiting Your Account and adjusting your membership settings on Prime Central. If you cancel a monthly Prime membership, the membership fee will be refunded only if you have not made any eligible purchases or taken advantage of any of the Prime benefits since your latest Prime membership charge.
Still Confused About The Amazon Prime Monthly Or Yearly Subscription?
Don’t worry. With so many options to choose from, getting overwhelmed is a possibility. To make things easy for you, we have a separate blog written on the monthly and yearly subscription of Amazon Prime. Click here and clear all your confusions.