AirtelTV is the Airtel content app available on iOS and Android devices. It allows viewing unlimited Bollywood, Hollywood & Regional Movies, TV shows, Short Videos and 350+ Live TV Channels. About 15 regional language channels including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Marathi and a few more can also be accessed. Videos can be streamed and selected ones can be downloaded as well for offline viewing.
Airtel TV Subscription Plans
There are 2 plans with Airtel TV:
- Airtel TV Basic – This gives access to a restricted set of Movies & TV Shows mainly the ones from YouTube & Free movies from Hotstar. Only that content is there which is not behind a paywall otherwise as well. Live TV is also included except a few channels.
- Airtel TV Premium – The premium plan opens the whole over 10k Movies & TV Shows and originals from Zee5, ErosNow, Alt Balaji & HoiChoi. This plan is accessible to –
- Airtel Prepaid users with Unlimited pack above INR 90
- All Airtel Postpaid Infinity plan users retail & COIP above monthly billing of INR 299 or above (Excluding corporate plans)
Content on Airtel TV
Airtel TV has done content collaborated with a number of content providers:
- Zee5 – All Content including TV Channels, Free & Premium Movies & TV Shows, Zee5 Originals
- Eros Now – All Movies & TV Shows including Original Content. This means that Airtel users get ErosNow Subscription for free
- Hotstar – Only free content of Hotstar, excluding Sports Channels
- Youtube – Only free content of Hotstar & YouTube is available on Airtel TV app.
- HOOQ – All Movies & TV shows excluding the Rentals
- Alt Balaji – All Content including Movies & TV Show including their originals. This means that Airtel users get AltBalaji Subscription for free
- HoiChoi – All Content including Movies & TV Show including their originals
- SonyLIV – TV Shows
- NDTV HOP
The streaming platform has over 10,000 Movies, including Bollywood, Hollywood hits such as Bahubali, Piku, Black, Mad Max, Cruel Intentions, etc.
TV Shows such as Supergirl, Friends, and The Flash, among others, can also be viewed.
The list of Live TV Channels include
- All ZEE Channels
- All Sony Channels – All Sony Sports Channels are for Airtel Premium
- All Star Channels
- All Doordarshan Channels
- All & TV Channels
- Sun TV
- News Channels – Aaj Tak, Times Now, NDTV, India TV, ET Now, ABP News, India Today, Mirror Now, Bloomberg Quint, News Nation
- Discovery & TLC
- Kids Channels – Little Krishna
- Music Channels – Enterr 10, 9xm, Nazrana
- Movie Channels – B4U Movies, Zoom, Hungama Kadak hits
- Spiritual Channels – VR Devotee,
- Airtel Premium Channels – NDTV HOPStart
- Even regional TVs like Shubhasandesh TV are also included.
How to Subscribe to Airtel TV & Airtel TV Premium
- Download the app on Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
- Log in the App using Airtel Phone Number. This will help keep a history of previously played videos, share
videos and maintain favourites and watchlists.
- Airtel TV can be accessed with any Airtel plan – Prepaid, Postpaid & Broadband. However, to access premium content, the user needs to be subscribed to #airtelThanks. This subscription is automatically provided for free to certain subscribers.
- Prepaid users with Unlimited pack above INR 90
- All Postpaid Infinity plan users retail & COIP above monthly billing of INR 299 or above (Excluding corporate plans)
AirtelTV is currently on iOS and Android devices. Both the mobile apps also support for Chromecast.
Airtel TV Features
The App has a 4.2 rating on Android Play Store and comes packed with a lot of user friend features:
- Search functionality with a lot of customizations like filter search in Movies, TV Shows and Short Videos
- Search by Actor, Genre, Adult Rating, Language and sort by IMDb Rating
- Create watchlists and Favourite Lists. Add and Import collections
- Player Controls are very basic and include Full Screen, Rewind 30 seconds, pause button and minimize.
- User can also choose playback quality as High, Medium, Low, Mobile Data Saver and Turn off Notifications.
- A few Movies & TV Shows can be downloaded offline as well
- The app can be used in as many devices as possible, even with the ones which don’t currently have the sim of the registered number.
- User can also share a specific item or their collection/watchlist with someone else.
- Resume where the TV Show Episode or Movie was left off
Airtel has this cool feature where you can request them to add a movie or tv show by sending a mail at email@example.com or in Airtel TV App, Go to ‘Settings’>’About Us’>’Contact Us’.
How to Cancel
There is no need to cancel a free subscription. If you don’t want to use it, you can simply uninstall the app and stop using all the free content provided.