Dil Chahta Hai
- Hrithik Roshan and Abhishek Bachchan were approached for a role in the movie before Aamir Khan.
- The title song was composed on a 4-day outing to Lonavala by Javed Akhtar, Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and Farhan Akhtar.
- Before his directorial debut with Dil Chahta Hai, Farhan Akhtar directed the music video of Shankar Mahadevan’s Breathless
Akash, Sameer and Siddharth are best friends since college but have different values of love. Sameer carries his heart on his sleeve, but things change when he falls in love with Pooja, a girl he earlier rejected for marriage. Siddharth, an artist, falls in love with his neighbour, a divorcée named Tara, who is much elder to him, but an artist with similar frequency. Akash, who is fun-loving though pessimistic about love, moves to Australia and meets Shalini, who tries to restore his faith in love. Shalini and Akash develop a good friendship and Akash eventually realizes his love for Shalini. As time grows, all of them try to get the love of their life but face obstacles which are not easy to overcome.
Zindagi Naa Milegi Dobara
- Despite their roles, Farhan Akhtar is a trained skydiver and Hrithik Roshan is a trained scuba diver.
- The song Senorita features the mayor of the town where it was shot in. Alajar, Andalucia.
- Bagwati is a Birkin bag and is labelled Hermes, a Paris based luxury brand. 12000 euros, really!
- The script of the film was ready in 2007 and it was originally named “Running with the Bulls” before being named after Rock On’s title track.
Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara follows 3 friends, Imraan, Kabir, and Arjun on a road-trip through Spain. Each of them chooses an adventure sport for the group that is revealed to the other two at the final moment. While in Spain, Arjun meets and falls in love with Laila who helps him learn how to enjoy life; Imraan meets his biological father who never wanted the responsibility of a child; and Kabir realizes that he isn’t ready to marry his fiancee, Natasha.
- Here’s a shocking revelation: All the lead characters from the movie have broken up their marriages or relationships after the release of the movie. Think about it. So much for self-reflection haan…
- Lacking huge budget unlike movies of the same kind as Queen where shoots demand at least crew of over 100 people, the director Vikas Bahl managed to complete the takes with just 25 people.
- The movie couldn’t even afford a Vanity van for Kangana, the crew would shoot in 3-4 places on a day and Kangana used to change her outfits in public restrooms and restaurants.
Rani Mehra is a Delhi girl, madly in love with Vijay. Vijay dumps her one day before their marriage and leaves India to pursue his career. Broken by the incident, she still decides to go on her honeymoon, alone. She finds new friends on her trip, ones whom she can rely on. On her trip, she finds herself, gains self-confidence and realizes why she doesn’t need a marriage to live life.
- The hostel’s name from which Mithila Palkar comes out of is named Father Lankester Merrin Boys Hostel. It is a direct reference to the 1973 cult classic The Exorcist.
- The movie is shot at Nilgiri Hills, Ooty.
- The lead cast of the movie assembles from Bollywood (Irrfan Khan), Tollywood (Amala Akkineni), Mollywood (Dulquer), Marathi Movie Industry (Mithila) and Sandalwood (Kirti).
The movie follows three misfits who embark on a journey that none of them truly want to be a part of. Avinash is a young IT guy who hates his corporate job, and his father for coming in the way of his photography dreams. Upon learning of his demise, Avinash receives the wrong dead body, which forces him on a road trip to Kochi with his flamboyant friend, Shaukat. They are joined by Tanya, the granddaughter of the (exchanged) deceased lady. The film is a light-hearted road trip through South Indians roads and concludes with a hitting self-realisation.
- The movie was planned to be shot without any songs until AR Rehman heard about the project and expressed his desire to be part of it.
- The Director, Imtiaz Ali travelled to all the destination to plan the shoots and developed the story on his journeys. The movie had minimal script writing and dialogues were improvised on the spot.
- The movie is a remake of Imtiaz Ali’s own Television Series from 14 years before the making of Highway
Highway is a beautifully crafted tale of desired freedom and unconditional love. The protagonist, Veera Tripathi is mostly surrounded by her wealthy family and yet she is never really happy. On the eve of her wedding, she is kidnapped. Surprisingly, Veera starts enjoying her abduction. Away from the comforts of home, she finds true comfort in her new-found freedom. Slowly and steadily, Veera falls in love with Mahabir, one of her abductors, and both confide their childhood secrets in each other. Mahabir and Veera dream of a happily-forever together. Veera’s family desperately tries to get her back. And yet she never really goes back. Highway, the story of Mahabir and Veera, goes beyond the regular notions of love and modern relationships.
Yeh Jawaani Hain Deewani
- To develop a natural bonding between the cast, director Ayaan Mukherjee made Deepika Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor, Kalki Koechlin and Aditya Roy Kapur road trip from Chandigarh to Manali. The 8-hour drive extended to a 14-hour trip after the group detoured to find the best butter chicken available on their route. Well, objective achieved, we guess.
- Ranbir trusts the director greatly as he signed the movie without reading the script and also got his ears pierced for the movie.
Naina, who focuses on studying and getting high scores since she was in school, upon hearing Aditi’s plans about taking a trip to the Himalayas, realizes that maybe she wants more than just good marks. On a whim, she rushes to the railway station to join the group without informing her parents. She meets Bunny and Avi, old classmates, too. Bunny teaches her to embrace life and live each day to the fullest. Unable to express her feelings to him by the end of the trip as he has other plans. Eight years later, all four come together for Aditi’s wedding, but things with Bunny aren’t’ the same between Avi and him, who once used to be best friends.
- The movie’s title comes from Satyajit Ray’s Pikoo’s Diary. A tribute to Mr.Ray.
- Parineeti Chopra was contacted for playing Big B’s daughter in the movie, the dates collided and Deepika was given the opportunity.
- The Bangla accent and irregular and irritating bowel moments were mutually decided by Big B and the Director (Shoojit Sircar). Since it is a common problem with adults over 70 and their families.
There is always more to every relationship and especially if it’s a father-daughter. For this family, it is all about motion because “motion se hi emotion hota hai”. Piku Banerjee, a Bengali architect set in Delhi with her eccentric father who suffers from constipation. The Banerjee family knows all about constipation and that’s all they talk about and after a near-death experience, Piku’s father decides to go on a road trip to Kolkata. The dynamic of the family changes when they meet Rana, the owner and the driver of the taxi hired by the Bannerjees. Watch this movie to find out how this trip changes everything for Piku and how her tangled relations are filled with immense love.
- Chennai Express is the first movie to release in India and Peru on the same day. India and Peru are exactly opposite of each other on the globe.
- The movie is the widest release of a Bollywood film in history by playing across 3500 screens in the country.
Rahul, a bachelor plans a trip to Goa with his friends but on the eve of his grandfather’s 100th birthday, his grandfather passes away. His grandmother expresses his wish that Rahul empties the ashes in two parts – half in Ganga and half in Rameswaram. Rahul ignores the request, but boards the train to Chennai just to prove that he is carrying out the last dying wish. Just when he is about to get off, he helps a girl and four other people board the train, missing the chance to get off himself. Unknown of who the girl is, he ends up tangled with gangsters and the responsibility of helping a girl run away from home.
Jab We Met
- The director, Imtiaz Ali initially wanted to sign Ayesha Takia and Bobby Deol as leads for the movie.
- After signing Bobby Deol and Kareena Kapoor, Kareena insisted on leading with her then-boyfriend, Shahid Kapoor.
- The title Jab We Met was decided after a poll between the Punjab Mail & Ishq via Bhatinda.
Aditya Kashyap is a Mumbai-based well-off businessman, facing an unforgiving time in his life as his father passes away and his beautiful girlfriend leaves him. Seeking retribution and an escape from such sadness, he leaves every materialistic thing and spontaneously boards a train to Bhatinda. He meets Geet out of the blue, a fluttery high-spirited Punjabi girl, who is a complete foil of his character. Starting from a train ride together, Aditya gets tied into Geet’s crazy life, meeting her family and accompanying her on various adventures, all of the spontaneously and not voluntarily. An unexpected turn of events leaves the fate of Aditya and Geet on a string, where both of them search for ways back to each other.
Dil Dhadakne Do
- Anil Kapoor was initially in a doubt for his role of Ranveer and Priyanka’s father and the grey hair too.
- Tabu was the first choice for Anil Kapoor’s wife. Ranbir Kapoor denied the role in the movie and Ranveer Singh stepped in.
- Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra’s sibling role was inspired from real-life siblings Zoya and Farhan Akhtar.
The story is narrated by Pluto, the Mehra’s dog. In order to celebrate Kamal and Neelam’s 30th wedding anniversary, their kids Ayesha and Kabir plan a cruise trip for all the family friends. While everyone seems happy and successful on the outside, the story is quite different in reality. Kamal and Neelam’s marriage is failing. Their son Kabir is not interested in the family business that is also not doing too well. Ayesha runs her business successful but is unhappy with her marriage. The movie is a mix of stories starting from love, anger, hate, betrayal and explores the complexities of relationships.
- The film is a remake of Curt Ttuninger’s 2001 Dead By Monday.
Akash decides to commit suicide by jumping off George Washington Bridge after he goes bankrupt and his house is seized by the bank. As he contemplates suicide, he meets Kiara there on the bridge for the same reason. They were spotted by the Coast Guard, and their attempts fail multiple time after that too. Fed up, they decide to commit suicide together after 20 days, on the New Year’s Eve. They fulfil their desires in those days and travel together.
- Harshaali aka Munni and Salman used to play barbie games and table tennis on the sets to bond.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui’s entry scene is inspired by a real-life reporter and a real-life news summary of a Pakistan reporter, Chand Nawab. Same name as Nawaz’s character.
Worlds collide and religions intersect in this drama film, which follows the separation of a mute Pakistani girl, whose mother loses her while in India. Now it is up to Bajrangi, a devoted Hindu and ardent follower of the Lord Hanuman, to rise to the occasion and deliver her safely to her mother – in Pakistan. He must safely navigate the dangerous borders and Pakistani police, with no official documents, all while maintaining his integrity and high moral standards. Hunted by the authorities and aided by an ambitious journalist, Bajrangi garners the respect and admiration of both nations.
London Paris New York
Barefoot to Goa
Mr. and Mrs.Iyer
Bombay to Goa